From Erlang Community
2 Erlang Positions in Stockholm
Kreditor Europe AB currently have two open positions.
Are you looking for a job that will put your problem solving skills to the test and pose great opportunities for creative solutions? New challenges and slick designs with high demands on system reliability? Do you find it inspiring to work close to both customers and management? Do you want to express your own ideas? Do you want to be a part in building the future's banking and payment solutions?
In less than two years time, Kreditor has taken the position as market leader in credit payment on the Internet. And we keep growing.
Our company is permeated by a pioneer spirit and a genuine desire to adapt new ways of thinking. We take the battle to the old financial institutes as our innovative solutions expands beyond Swedish borders. We are now looking for someone who is willing to join us in our efforts. Someone willing to work hard to find the means to creating something that is truly New.
The developer's tasks involves both new development and maintaining Kreditors current systems. The developer will participate in various projects supervised by the Head of Development.
Graduate qualified or equivalent, you have excellent knowledge within the fields of computer science, computer technology, software engineering or the like. You also have good knowledge of:
- Functional programming languages
- Erlang, OTP, Mnesia, Yaws
Other qualifications of interest are:
- XML, HTML
- Distributed databases
- Internet banking systems
- Electronic payment solutions
You have experience from functional programming and more specifically Erlang programming. Experience from object-oriented programming is not considered to be a merit.
You are careful and can adapt quickly to new tasks. You are self-acting and write high quality code. Your ambition and commitment to your work is profound, and you feel at home working with an aggressively expansive company with a passionate crew.
Your application: See http://kreditor.se/jobb/wanted-developer.html
For questions regarding the post, contact our Head Technician Erik Stenman +46 (0)8 586 126 40.
For questions regarding Kreditor contact CEO Sebastian Siemiatkowski, +46 (0)8 586 126 01, or Vice President Niklas Adalberth, +46 (0)8 586 126 02
KTP Position in London
KTP ASSOCIATE (2 Years Fixed Term) Location: London, UK (Travel might occur) Type: permanent Reference: ER#00032 Salary: Attractive Salary and additional benefits
Description: We are very pleased to announce a job opportunity at Erlang Training and Consulting (ETC), London, and the University of Kent, Canterbury under the Knowledge Transfer Partnerships scheme. Knowledge Transfer Partnerships support partnerships between business and universities or research organisations.
This two-year position will give you a unique opportunity to develop leading-edge technical skills while working in a software development company, and so gaining excellent business skills. The project builds on research from the University of Kent and will develop a number of generic software components which can be reused across the products the ETC produces. These components include monitoring, statistics gathering, audit logs, authentication and upgrade tools. The tools will be extracted from existing systems, using refactoring techniques.
These applications will be tested and deployed in commercial applications covering the areas of Instant Messaging and SMS, E-Commerce, Telecoms and Location-Based Services. The applicant is furthermore encouraged to produce academic papers on the experiences of using generic components in Erlang based systems and to present his or her work at conferences, as well as completing an MSc by research at the university.
The objective of the project is the development of a number of software components and techniques including:
- A set of software components accessible through a web based interface. - Generic versions of the software components developed as above. - Routines and procedures for commercial systems release and deployment. - Refactoring support for component extraction. - Exemplar product for operation and maintenance as developed above. - Training for ETC's staff over generic component extraction and usage.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships:
- Provide a springboard to accelerate your career - Offer an opportunity to gain valuable R&D experience in a commercial environment - Develop your personal, business and academic skills - Benefit from a strong support network involving company staff, academic experts and KTP consultants - Opportunity to lead and manage a project with defined goals - Deliver an excellent chance of a permanent post with the company partner - Provide business management qualifications - Offer an interesting, varied and challenging role
The suitable candidate will:
- Be qualified to a good honours degree (2.1 or 1st) in MSc or BSc Computer Science (or equivalent) - Have a grounding in functional and concurrent programming, and in computer systems and an evidence of passion for technology. - Optionally, you may ideally have experience of using Erlang and of working with industry.
If you'd like to discuss any aspects of this position please mail Simon Thompson at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity please send three copies each of a full CV and a one-page letter explaining how you are suited for the position quoting reference 323, together with the names and addresses of two referees to Staff Recruitment, Room 121, Registry, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NZ. Or email, Jobvacancies@kent.ac.uk. Please ensure that all documents are attached in Word or PDF format only.
Closing date for applications: 13 July, 2007 Interviews will be held at the ETC offices in London in the week of 23 July, 2007.
Erlang Positions in Paris
We have open positions for Erlang software developers.
If you are interested, see http://www.cellicium.com/ussd/team_with_us/ or have a chat with Dominic Williams or Pascal Brisset in Stockholm at the Erlang User Conference.