|Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:42 pm
A new major version of ejabberd has been released!
The ejabberd development is proud to announce this release that adds
numerous improvements to our high-performance server.
See http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/ for more details.
The download page can be reached at:
The complete changelog is available from:
Many thanks to all the contributors who took part to this release !
This version will be the last of the 1.1 branch and we will now
concentrate on integrating many new features and experiments in the 1.2
branch. We have exciting times ahead.
Have fun !
Specific details for this major release:
27 September 2006
This document describes the main changes in ejabberd 1.1.2.
This version is a major improvement over ejabberd 1.1.1, improving the
overall behaviour of the server in many areas. Users of ejabberd 1.1.1
should upgrade to this new release for improved robustness and compliance.
ejabberd can be downloaded from the Process-one website:
Detailed information can be found in the Feature Sheet and in the
Installation and Operation Guide which are both available on the
ejabberd includes 44 improvements. A complete list of changes can be
Recent changes include:
- Major improvements have been made on the LDAP module. It is now more
flexible and more robust.
HTTP Polling Fixes
- The HTTP polling modules have been fixed and improved: the connections are
closed properly and polled messages cannot be lost anymore.
Roster Management Improvement
- Roster management improvements increase reliability, especially in cases
where users are on different servers.
- Shared rosters are more reliable.
- It is now possible to limit the number of opened connections for a single
- Database support: Microsoft SQL Server is now officially supported in ODBC
- Restricting node creation with a dedicated ACL rule is now possible.
- A Czech translation has been added.
- Translations have been updated.
- New binary installer for Windows including all requirements.
- Improved installers for Linux and MacOSX (PowerPC)
- Some protocol compliance fix have been added, after the Portland XMPP
Interop Meeting in July.
- MUC have been improved (logging rendering).
- The command line tool ejabberdctl has been improved.
- The build chain has been improved, including MacOSX support.
- The documentation has been improved and updated to describe the new
- Anonymous login bugfixes.
- Please refer to the ChangeLog file supplied with this release regarding
all improvements in ejabberd.
Supported Erlang Version
- You need at least Erlang/OTP R9C-2 to run ejabberd 1.1.2.
- The recommanded version is Erlang/OTP R10B-10.
- Erlang/OTP R11B has not yet been fully certified for ejabberd.
Installers are provided for Microsoft Windows, Linux/x86 and MacOSX/PPC.
They can be retrieved from:
- Before any migration, ejabberd system and database must be properly
- The relational database schema has changed between version 1.1.1 and
1.1.2. An "askmessage" column needs to be added in the "rosterusers" table
to perform the migration.
Contributed tutorials and documents of interest are:
- Migration from other XMPP servers to ejabberd:
- Transport configuration for connecting to other networks:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
ejabberd mailing list
Post recived from mailinglist
|Back to top
All times are GMT
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum